Safe Shipping Guide
We work very hard to keep the uShip marketplace safe. Here are some tips to help you “ship with confidence.”
- Verify credentials. Do this with any service provider you choose. Request insurance information, copies of driver's licenses, and any legal registrations before you release your shipment to a service provider.
- Be safe with off-site payments. If paying via the Deposit Method, you’ll want to use a major credit card or a third party payment system like PayPal to pay your service provider. This will provide you with additional safeguards and recourse in the event of a dispute or suspected fraudulent activity. Check with your credit card company for more information.
uShip doesn’t recommend paying off-site in full before delivery. If a provider requests full payment before pickup, please contact Member Support.
- Do not use Western Union or Moneygram. Requesting payment from instant cash transfer services such as these are prohibited on uShip. When using these services, you can’t confirm who the receiving party is, and can’t get the funds back once sent. Contact Member Support immediately if your provider requests a prohibited payment method.
- Execute a written contract. After the shipment is booked, you and your provider should execute a written contract outlining the details of the agreement. A contract is key in the off chance a dispute occurs.
- Fill out your bill of lading. We provide a standard bill of lading (BOL) to be used on any shipment. Your service provider may also have his or her own BOL you’ll need to fill out. A BOL is basically a receipt that documents the state of a shipment at pickup and delivery so that the provider can be held accountable for (and only for) damages occurring in transit.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel something is too good to be true, you're probably having that feeling for a reason. Don't send any funds or release anything to a provider until those inconsistencies have been addressed and resolved.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to continue perusing our Help Center or contact our Member Support team by clicking here.