If You Find Damages at Delivery
Thankfully, most shipments go off without a hitch. In the event damages do occur, it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the steps to properly document and respond to the situation:
- Take a photo of the damages.
- Document the damage in a Bill of Lading. Make sure both parties sign off on the BOL or the eBOL after the delivery inspection is complete.
- Notify the service provider of the damages if they aren’t present during the delivery inspection. You can find your service provider's contact information in the Booking Confirmation message, which is sent immediately after booking your shipment.
- If possible, obtain an estimate for repairing the damages.
- If you purchased uShip Protection Plan at checkout, provide the photos, estimates, any other documentation on the case form, which can be found by navigating to the shipment listing and selecting Submit a Case.
- If you did not purchase uShip Protection Plan, you’ll want to send the photos, estimates, and any other documentation to the service provider. The service provider may choose to pay you directly or file an insurance claim with their company so you can be compensated via their coverage.