Shipping LTL Wine, Liquor, Beer, Spirits
Are you looking to ship wine, liquor, beer or spirits? If your shipment is palletized or crated and shipping domestically then uShip may be able to provide you instant rate quotes which you can immediately book.
If you select our Freight category you’ll see the LTL Wine, Liquor, Beer or Spirits option. Select that category in order to see quotes from YRC & UPS Freight and you’ll even have the option to select a Guaranteed Delivery quote for those time-sensitive shipments.
Packaging is important in order to keep your shipment secure. Most carriers recommend using corrugated containers or EPS foam. For shipments of alcohol, please consider the following:
- Carriers can’t pick up or deliver alcohol to a private residence.
- Bill of Lading must be clearly marked with the shipper and consignee names, addresses, and a description of contents including quantities.
- Carriers cannot dispose of any liquor as they do not have a retail license to sell alcohol.
- All alcohol shipments require the signature of an adult 21 years of age or older upon delivery.
- Alcohol containers must be packaged safely to avoid breakage.