Placing Your First Bid
Found a shipment you'd like to book? Great! Remember to thoroughly review the listing before placing your first bid.
- View shipment details – Every listing contains information like route, time-frame, weight, and dimensions. Review these details to make sure this is a shipment you can service.
- Ask questions – If you need more information in order to place an accurate bid, click Ask a Question on the listing to communicate with the customer - please remember not to include contact information here.
Once you've reviewed the shipment details and cleared up any questions with the shipping customer, it's time to place your bid.
- From the listing, click Place Bid or scroll all the way down to the Bid Form.
- Enter the amount you'd like to earn in the Starting bid field. To the right, in the Total Bid fields, we'll automatically calculate your fees into the bid, and show you the total amount the customer will see. Remember to reference this total bid price when communicating with customers. To enter a total bid amount with fees already included, uncheck the Add uShip fee box below your bid.
- Bid competitively by also entering the minimum amount you're willing to earn in the Lowest bid field. If you take this optional step, we'll automatically underbid other service providers for you until your lowest price is reached. We'll also automatically lower your price and rebid on your behalf if a customer declines. This feature is especially useful when you're on the road.
- Complete the remaining sections of the bid form to provide important details regarding your bid such as the service type, time frame, payment terms, etc..
Click Place Bid to submit your price. We'll automatically notify the shipping customer, who may then ask you questions through our Q&A, and choose to either accept or decline your bid.
If you bid is accepted, we'll send you a Booking Confirmation email with direct contact information for the shipping customer, as well as pickup and delivery locations. Good luck!
If you have additional questions, please feel free to continue perusing our Help Center or contact our Member Support team by clicking here.
Watch Our Fees and Bidding Overview: