How Payment Works for Carriers
All shipping customers book through uShip by making a payment through our secure payments system using either uShip Payments or Booking Deposits. While uShip Payments is typically required, there are limited instances when a deposit will be the only available option.
uShip Payments is the safest way for customers to pay entirely through the site. This option is required on most commodities where the quote is $5,000.00 or less.
How it works:
1. At booking, the customer pays for shipping in full.
2. You’ll both receive a Booking Confirmation email confirming this type of payment.
3. Upon delivery*, the customer can release payment to you through our mobile app or website. If neither option is available, they may also pay you by releasing a payment code, available within their Booking Confirmation email.
4. Once payment is released, the funds will be available in your uShip account balance.
Requesting payment prior to delivery is considered a policy violation and is grounds for suspension from the site. Only request payment for shipments that have been physically delivered.*
*Note for shipment of live animals: Payment for animal shipments may be made at pickup (not prior) as required by USDA regulations.
Booking Deposit Method
At booking, the customer will pay a deposit to uShip and will pay the remaining balance to you directly. This option is available on selected shipments and for all quotes above $5,000.00.
How it works:
1. Within the Payment Terms of a quote, you’ll select the payment methods (cash, credit card etc) you accept as well as when you’d like to be paid.
2. Upon booking, the customer will be prompted to pay a Booking Deposit.
3. The customer will then pay the net amount directly to you, dependent upon the payment method you’ve selected. This information will be explained in the Booking Details once a quote is accepted.
Remember, uShip does not allow you to request payment via non-bank point-to-point cash transfer services such as Western Union or Moneygram.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to continue perusing our Help Center or contact our Member Support team by clicking here.