Code of Conduct
As part of the uShip community, we ask that all members follow and abide by our Code of Conduct. This helps keep shipments and experiences with the site safe and positive for everyone. Whether you’re a shipping customer or service provider, you should be safe, be respectful, and be reliable.
- Know what’s needed for a safe transaction and for safe transportation.
- Accurately represent your shipment, your business, and your equipment.
- Follow all applicable transportation regulations. Know what you can haul and know what can be shipped.
- Do your part to keep uShip secure.
- Never share passwords or financial information for your uShip account. uShip staff will never ask for this information.
- Do not post contact information to the site or include it in your listing.
- Use common sense.
- Ask questions about the shipment listed or the services offered. No two listings or providers are alike.
- If you’re unsure about a listing, a service provider, or need help, contact Member Support.
- Keep all interactions professional.
- Your communication with other members should be professional, courteous, and consistent. Your time is valuable and so is the time of other members on our site. Avoid unsolicited messaging.
- Create a respectful environment for everyone on the site.
- uShip will not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination against another member or uShip staff.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrate care for other members’ work and their belongings. Treat their shipments and their work as if it were your own.
- Follow payment policies.
- Payment should only be released at delivery, except for live animals, and booked shipments should be completed without relying on the same funds for completion.
- Set expectations.
- Providing clear expectations, whether its updates during transit or a complete inventory of items, avoids unnecessary cancellations and complications.
- Stay in touch.
- Keep contact information up-to-date and always communicate any schedule changes to other parties.
Failure to follow or uphold uShip’s Code of Conduct may result in the removal of your account from the marketplace.