uShip Cargo Insurance
uShip doesn’t verify service provider insurance credentials. Therefore, we offer shipping customers a cargo insurance policy through our third party partners. Unlike motor truck cargo or carrier's liability insurance, our cargo insurance provides coverage for the direct physical loss or damage to the cargo. This means a faster payout directly to you, eliminating the hassle of dealing directly with the service provider’s insurance company. Cargo insurance is available for purchase at checkout on most shipments being shipped by US based customers.
Shipments booked with any of the LTL Instant Rate Carriers will be subject to the carrier's Limitation of Liability in the case of damage or loss. If you determine that your shipment requires additional coverage, we offer LTL Cargo Insurance for purchase during checkout at an affordable rate.
How much does uShip Cargo Insurance cost?
Your premium depends on the insurance value you input upon booking. The price will be displayed at that time.
Enjoy low $50 deductibles on most new goods valued up to $1,000. Note, there are minimum deductibles of $50, $250, $500, or $750 dependent upon the type and value of good(s) being shipped. Please refer to the full policy to learn more.
What’s NOT covered?
- Click here to read through all restrictions on the insurance policy
- Geographical limits: shipments to/from Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan and truck/rail shipments to/from/within Mexico other than as a connecting conveyance are excluded entirely; coverage for shipments to Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan, and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) ceases upon discharge from the ocean vessel or aircraft
- Category restrictions include, but are not limited, to: used engines / motors / transmissions, live animals, furs, or any cash, notes, stamps, deeds, tickets, traveler’s checks, jewelry, watches, or similar valuable articles, and trailer shipments
- Vehicles operated under their own power
How do I file a claim?
- Log into your uShip account
- Click File an Insurance Claim within seven (7) days of delivery
- Concealed losses/damages must be reported within five (5) days of delivery
- Follow the steps displayed
*Prior to filing the claim, make sure you have all required documentation noted within the policy.*
If you have additional questions, please feel free to continue perusing our Help Center or contact our Member Support team by clicking here.