uShip Cargo Insurance
uShip doesn’t verify service provider insurance credentials. Therefore, we offer shipping customers a cargo insurance policy through our third party partners. Unlike motor truck cargo or carrier's liability insurance, our cargo insurance provides coverage for the direct physical loss or damage to the cargo. This means a faster payout directly to you, eliminating the hassle of dealing directly with the service provider’s insurance company. Cargo insurance is available for purchase at checkout on most shipments in the US.
How much does it cost?
- Your premium depends on the insurance value you input upon booking
**Keep in mind that you’ll be responsible for paying a deductible based on the commodity being shipped.**
What’s NOT covered?
- Click here to read through the various restrictions on the insurance policy
- Category restrictions include pet and trailer shipments
How do I file a claim?
- Log into your uShip account
- Click File an Insurance Claim within 7 days of delivery
*Prior to filing the claim, make sure you have all required documentation noted within the policy.*
If you have additional questions, please feel free to continue perusing our Help Center or contact our Member Support team by clicking here.