LTL Cargo Insurance & Checkout
LTL CARGO INSURANCE
Shipments booked with any of the LTL Instant Rate Carriers will be subject to the carrier's Limitation of Liability in the case of damage or loss. If you determine that your shipment requires additional coverage, we offer LTL Cargo Insurance for purchase during checkout at an affordable rate.
uShip offers competitive premiums as low as $50 to insure your LTL freight.
Enjoy $50 deductibles on most new goods valued up to $1,000. Note, there are minimum deductibles of $50, $250, $500, or $750 dependent upon the type and value of good(s) being shipped. Please refer to the full policy to learn more.
Determining Freight Value
Should a claim be issued, the final valuation of the freight is determined by the insurance adjuster. uShip strongly recommends you have ample documentation (appraisals, photos, receipts, bills of lading, etc.) to provide to the insurance company during the valuation process.
- Location Restrictions - This policy only applies to LTL shipments within the United States and Canada
- Category Restrictions - Most LTL freight will be covered, with the exception of a few restrictions. Used engines/motors (defined as any machinery which is used to propel a vehicle, boat or personal craft) are excluded from coverage. Please see the commercial policy that notes restrictions here.
- Valuation Restrictions - This policy does not apply to any one shipment in excess of $500,000 in value.
Feel free to review the policy in its entirety if you have questions whether or not your freight is eligible for coverage.
Filing a Claim
All claims must be filed by the uShip account holder within seven days of delivery to the final destination. In order to be able to file a claim, you must do the following:
- Properly package your freight
- Be sure the BOL properly notates what is being shipped
- Take photos of the item(s) before the shipment is picked up, as well as photos of any damage at time of delivery
- Retain a copy of the carrier's signed delivery receipt noting all damages / shortages.
- Concealed losses/damages must be reported within five (5) days of delivery
- Get a repair estimate (if available)
- Retain proof of freight's value or get appraisal of the freight prior to it being shipped (if available)
To begin the claims process, navigate to the corresponding shipment details and click on the File an Insurance Claim link.
Please note: failure to follow the instructions listed above may lead to a delay in the claims process or denial of your claim.
uShip will not file claims on behalf of our account holders. We will assist in gathering documentation necessary, such as the Bill of Lading and the Delivery Receipt for the shipment, but we will not file claims on behalf of account holders.
Unlike most transactions on uShip, PayPal is not an accepted form of payment for LTL Instant Rates. All payments must be made using credit or debit card.
Please note before checkout that the rate you're booking is based on the information you provided. If the carrier finds that your shipment is different than described or additional services are required, you are subject to additional fees.
For our non-LTL customers, click here to learn more about the cargo insurance information.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to continue perusing our Help Center or contact our Commercial Support team by clicking here.