How Payment Works for Customers
You may have two payment options when booking your delivery: Booking Deposit and uShip Payments. While in most cases, you will be paying via deposit, there are limited times when you'll have the option of using uShip Payments.
uShip Payments transactions can be identified by the presence of the uShip Payments icon .
Booking Deposit is a payment option that allows you to pay a percentage of the total quote and then pay the remaining balance directly to your service provider.
How it works:
- When you book your delivery, you will pay a Booking Deposit, which is a percentage of the accepted quote amount.
- You will then provide the remaining balance directly to your service provider, per their terms.
- Your service provider's accepted payment methods and timing of payment is indicated within each quote
- Total price - payment at checkout (Booking Deposit + service charge) = amount due directly to your service provider
uShip does not recommend paying offsite in full before delivery. If a provider requests full payment before pickup, please contact Member Support. To keep you safe, we suggest using a credit card or PayPal which might provide additional safeguards and recourse in the event of a dispute or suspected fraudulent activity.
uShip Payments is an online payment option handled entirely through uShip.com, which makes it the safest way to pay for your delivery services.
How it works:
- When you book your shipment, you prepay for the job in full.
- You will receive a unique alpha-numeric Payment Code located within the management box of your listing or on your booking confirmation email, so be careful not to forward this email to your service provider until delivery has been completed.
- Upon delivery of the shipment, you will release payment to the service provider by:
- Providing the payment code to your service provider
- Releasing the funds online from your uShip account (Payments > Pay Service Provider > Release Payment)
Do not give the payment code to your service provider before your delivery is completed. If a service provider requests the code before delivery, please contact Member Support.
Please be advised, that request for payment via a non-bank, instant cash service, such as MoneyGram or Western Union, is a violation of uShip policy and typically an indicator of fraud. If your service provider requests this type of payment please contact uShip Member Support immediately.