Sending Shopify Orders to uShip
To book shipping for your orders, you’ll need to create listings in the uShip Marketplace. The uShip Shopify app offers 2 ways to send orders to uShip: Automatic and Manual. Listings will be created in the uShip account that you used to login to the uShip Shopify app.
To change between automatic and manual listing creation, follow these steps.
1. Click on Apps > uShip.
2. In the uShip app view, click Settings.
3. Under Listing Creation, select Automatically send orders to uShip or Manually send orders to uShip
Automatically send orders to uShip (default)
All orders placed on your Online Store that have “uShip” as the selected shipping method will be sent to uShip immediately after the customer checks out. The listing will contain all items in the order, and the pick up location will be set to your store’s shipping origin. If you need to select which items to include in the listing, or change a listing’s pick up location, please select “Manually send orders to uShip” instead.
If uShip is not the selected shipping method for an order, you can still send it to uShip by manually sending the order to uShip.
Note: This option will not work if uShip is selected as the shipping method via a 3rd-party shipping app, such as Advanced Shipping Rules. If you are using one of these apps, you will need to manually send orders to uShip.
Manually send orders to uShip
Any order can be sent to uShip by following these steps:
1. In Shopify, click Orders > All orders.
2. Select an order to ship using uShip.
3. Click More Actions > Send to uShip. You will be directed to a separate page where you can view the listing details before sending it to uShip. You can also edit the listing’s pickup address and items.
4. Click Send Order to uShip.
Updating an order’s pickup location
If you need to update an order’s pickup location (e.g., if you ship from multiple locations), follow these steps.
1. Follow the steps above to manually send orders to uShip
2. Once you reach the “Send to uShip” page in Step 3, click the “Change Address” button below the pickup address.
3. A list of your store’s locations will display. Select the desired location, and click “Select”
The available locations are based on your Shopify store’s locations. To add or edit a location, navigate to Settings > Locations in Shopify Admin.
Note: Updating an order’s origin address may change the calculated shipping price.
Updating an order’s items
If you need to update an order’s items (e.g., if part of the order will be shipped via another carrier), follow these steps.
1. Follow the steps above to manually send orders to uShip.
2. Once you reach the “Send to uShip” page in Step 3, edit the quantities of the items as needed. Only unfulfilled items will be available to select.
Note: Updating an order’s items may change the estimated shipping price.