uShip is a marketplace where customers list shipments and select transportation service providers to service those shipments. Every once in a while, a dispute between community members may develop and it is important that you understand uShip's role in your transaction before you enter into an agreement with another member.
To be clear, uShip...
- does not assign carriers for customers.
- is not involved in or have knowledge of the agreement made between customer and service provider (carrier or broker).
- does not have any control over the quality, safety, or legal aspects of the transactions that take place on our website.
- does not prequalify or validate the claims of service providers including with respect to their licensure, insurance and registration, nor does uShip prequalify or validate the claims of brokers.
- does not endorse, recommend or refer any specific service provider or customer, nor does uShip have any control or influence over actions or decisions made by users of the service.
- has no control over the accuracy of listings, the ability of TSPs to transport items, or the ability of shippers to send items.
- cannot ensure the shipper or TSP will actually complete a shipment.
- uShip does not guarantee the ability of members to complete or fulfill any services booked through the uShip platform.
- cannot and does not guarantee the verification of any member’s identity. Any identity verification methods we employ are strictly on a best efforts basis and should not be solely relied upon by our members.
It is important to keep all of the above in mind when you're considering entering into a transaction with another member of the site. If you have additional questions, please feel free to continue perusing our Help Center or contact our Member Support team.